CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Cabin Couseling & Program Staff
The Fowler Center recruits summer or year-round staff from colleges and universities around the country where many staff are studying special education or education, therapeutic recreation, or related fields. The Center also utilizes international exchange programs to bring summer staff from other countries, adding a dynamic world flavor to camp. The Fowler Center is a year-round facility with full-time summer employment and volunteer opportunities, as well as part-time spring, fall, and winter employment opportunities. Many staff members have gone on from The Fowler Center to pursue professions in some of the following fields: education, social work, occupational, physical and recreational therapy, special education, nursing and medicine, psychology, and other related human service professions. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships: It is possible to gain college credit or fieldwork hours from work experience at camp. Internships at The Fowler Center can also be set up in several different fields including therapeutic recreation, outdoor education, and parks and recreation management. Contact the camp office or your academic advisor for details. For more information, email email@example.com
Open Positions - Positions Overview Sheet
- Lead Cabin Counselors (5)
- Cabin & Specialty/Float Counselors (26)
- Night Staff (2)
- Lead Outpost Counselor (1)
- Outpost Counselors (3)
- Life TREX Lead Facilitator (1)
- Life TREX Facilitators (3)
- Program Instructors: Creative Arts (1), Outdoor Ed. (1), Sports & Rec. (1), Barn & Garden (1), Lifeguards (2), Challenge Facilitators (3)
- Health Officer (1) : RN or LPN
- Health Assistants (2): nursing students preferred
Group Event Program Staff
- Group Event Program Staff
- Day Camp Staff
Part-time Support Staff
- Cook: IMMEDIATE OPENING! The Fowler Center is looking for a Dietary Cook. Oct.-March average hours are 10-15/2 week pay period. April-September average hours 30-35/2 week pay period. Responsibilities include overseeing aides, preparing meals, shopping, cleanliness of facility, inventory, dietary restrictions, possible menu planning/food ordering in absence of Dietary Supervisor. Must have experience, prefer Serv Safe certification.
- Kitchen Aide: June-August 20 hours per week. September - May lower hours available. Responsible for assisting cook with meal prep, serving, and clean up. Two shifts available AM (breakfast & lunch) and PM (dinner).
- Seasonal Maintenance Assistant: Minimum wage. 32 hours/week, April - September (25 weeks). Responsibilities include general grounds and building upkeep/repair including cleaning & laundry as needed. Includes weekends.
Now YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE! Click above.
Click and print out the forms from the list below. Once completed, send them to 2315 Harmon Lake Road, Mayville, MI 48744. Please send in a copy of your driver’s license or state ID along with it.