Camp Clean Up Day 4/29/17
Camp Barefoot 5/27/17-6/1/17
Med Check-In Days 2017
There's a place for everyone at camp!
Who can volunteer?
The Fowler Center encourages individuals or groups to be a part of camp. Past groups have included Alternative Break Groups from around the state of Michigan, Virginia and Illinois, church groups, school groups, service clubs, Foster Grandparents and local therapy dogs.
How old do I have to be?
If you are an individual volunteer you must be at least 16 years of age or older. If you are a group and have participants younger than 16 years of age you must have chaperones with your group.
What areas can I help in?
- Camp Programming-come help run an activity, spend time with campers or bring your group to perform.
- Grounds and Building Maintenance-paint, rake, build, mow…we have over 200 acres to care for!
- Office- answer phones, assist with mailings, input donations, file camp paperwork...
- Medication check-in – you must have experience with medications and attend our ½ hour training
- Equestrian/Small Animals- help campers of all abilities learn to ride and care for horses & small animals
- Special Events/Fundraisers- help out at our Annual Ice Fishing Contest, Horror on Harmon Lake, Annual Dinner, Annual Benefit Party and more…
What is the commitment?
It depends on your interests and availability. Projects/programs/events are as short as half a day or as long as a week.
What about food and lodging?
Food and lodging varies depending on the program. Call 989-673-2050 for details. Accident insurance is provided for all volunteers.
What if I don’t have any skills?
Nonsense! Everyone has something to give back. Something as simple as raking the grounds, digging out a firepit or spending some time talking to a camper makes all the difference to us.
How do I sign up?
Fill out the application and background check forms below and send them back in. If you are over 21 years of age you will also need to fill out the central registry form and send in a copy of your license along with it. Once we have received your forms we will call and set up a time to discuss how camp can best use your skills.
If you have any other questions or would like to call and set up a group volunteer project please call 989-673-2050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org