There's a place for everyone at camp!
Who can volunteer?
The Fowler Center encourages individuals or groups to be a part of camp. Past groups have included Alternative Break Groups from around the state of Michigan, Virginia and Illinois, church groups, school groups, service clubs, Foster Grandparents and local therapy dogs.
How old do I have to be?
If you are an individual volunteer you must be at least 16 years of age or older. If you are a group and have participants younger than 16 years of age you must have chaperones with your group.
What areas can I help in?
- Camp Programming-come help run an activity, spend time with campers or bring your group to perform.
- Grounds and Building Maintenance-paint, rake, build, mow…we have over 200 acres to care for!
- Office- answer phones, assist with mailings, input donations, file camp paperwork...
- Medication check-in – you must have experience with medications and attend our ½ hour training
- Equestrian/Small Animals- help campers of all abilities learn to ride and care for horses & small animals
- Special Events/Fundraisers- help out at our Annual Ice Fishing Contest!…
What is the commitment?
It depends on your interests and availability. Projects/programs/events are as short as half a day or as long as a week.
What about food and lodging?
Food and lodging varies depending on the program. Call 989-673-2050 for details.
What if I don’t have any skills?
Nonsense! Everyone has something to give back. Something as simple as raking the grounds, digging out a firepit or spending some time talking to a camper makes all the difference to us.
How do I sign up?
Fill out our volunteer application and email it to email@example.com. Once we receive your application we will be contact.